To all participating and member clubs of the Development League of Southern Oregon.
Thank you for your input and guidance in helping to create a solution to the problem of providing seasonal soccer games while there is continued poor air quality within the Valley. We have worked diligently to develop a safe and rewarding seasonal opportunity for your coaches, players and families. Due to the lingering smoke and an air quality index average of above 200 we cancelled games for Sept. 9th. The DLSO Board recognizes that teams have not practiced and some fields and venues are not currently ready or available for use due to air quality. Also recognized is the importance of having players conditioned and teams practiced prior to when games begin. Therefore, based on the prospect of continued or intermittent smoke within each of our participating communities, the DLSO will offer the following:
Fall Season 2017
- U8 - U14 DLSO Saturday games will begin on September 30th and run through October 28th:
- Teams may have 2 double-headers scheduled on Saturdays in order to provide a '7-game season'.
- U6 DLSO Saturday games will be held on the following dates:
- Teams may have 1 double-header scheduled on a Saturday in order to provide a '5-game season'.
- Please know that special requests for game exceptions will be reviewed and honored if field and scheduling availability allows.
- The DLSO will cancel all scheduled Saturday games based on poor air quality if necessary (PM 2.5 1-hour avg of 101 or greater).
- Game cancellation information will be emailed to DLSO Representatives by Wednesday at 4pm weekly prior to scheduled games. Clubs are responsible for dispersing information regarding cancellations. Games will not be rescheduled.
*An exception stands for the opening game day on Sept. 30th
. If games are cancelled on this first Saturday
due to air quality concerns, then all games will move to November 4th
and will be held at the same time and locations as previously scheduled.
- Recognizing that air quality changes daily, the DLSO may call for an 'Emergency Cancellation' on Saturdaymornings. (PM 2.5 1-hour avg of 101 or greater). DLSO league representatives will, via phone, text, email be in communication and the day of games will be cancelled at that time. It will be the responsibility of each club to effectively communicate that to their club, coaches, players, families.
- The DLSO will publish the season schedule within a week. The schedule and all communication will be published on a league website, which will be up an running within days.
Please know that the DLSO continues working to manage the scheduling and coordination of games for our valley's clubs with safety at the forefront of our decision making, while still trying to get kids out to play this beautiful game. Thank you for your understanding and support while we all deal with the issues raised by our local wildfires and air quality.